Blind Pension Manual

0535.005.00 Separation of Spouse Cases

Maintain separate records, if the spouse of an applicant or recipient is in a licensed facility or institution in another county. Do not transfer a case without prior authorization.

Alert the other county to any changes in spousal care. Since eligibility for assistance on the basis of Total Property and available resources in all cases, and property transfer in BP and vendor cases is based on the value of the property owned by either claimant, it is necessary for each county involved to inform the other county by letter of any changes in property holdings of either claimant.