Reject the Child Care Subsidy application on the fifteenth (15) day from the date of application if:
- The applicant fails to participate in an interview, but only after staff attempts to contact the applicant by phone and by mail to request an interview;
- The applicant fails to provide necessary verification as requested within ten (10) calendar days from the date of request. If the tenth day falls on a weekend or holiday, the due date is the next business day;
- The applicant has a child care overpayment and has not agreed to a repayment plan (See Section 2005.000.00 PROCESSING REQUESTS FOR SERVICES);
- The applicant has a valid repayment agreement or promissory note and has not complied with the terms of the agreement (See Section 2005.000.00 PROCESSING REQUESTS FOR SERVICES); or
- The applicant has an outstanding sliding fee payment owed to a past provider and has not entered into a repayment agreement with that provider (See Section 2025.020.00 Non-Payment of Sliding Fee).
Reject the Child Care Subsidy application on or before the fifteenth (15) day from the date of application if the applicant voluntarily withdraws the application or is found ineligible.