- Any complaint of discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, religious or political beliefs. All complaints of this nature must follow Policy 2-104 found in the Department of Social Services Administrative Manual.
- Any complaint involving or alleging criminal activities of employees. The Regional Director, or his/her designee, shall refer these complaints immediately to the Division Director’s Office for review and any necessary action.
- Any dispute with the outcome of a Child Abuse/Neglect investigation. These complaints shall proceed through the established CA/N Review process.
Related Subject: Section 2 Chapter 4.5 Alleged Perpetrator Appeal Process Overview
- Any court ruling or current statute.
- Guardian ad Litem (GAL), Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), or judge appointments. Complaints about these appointments must be addressed through the court of jurisdiction.
- Any foster/adoptive licensing revocations or denials. These complaints shall be dealt with according to the Fair Hearing Process.
Related Subject: Section 6 Chapter 7.1 Children’s Services Fair Hearing Process
- Any complaint by a resource provider about a case management decision regarding a child in their care. These complaints shall proceed according to Alternative Care Review Board (ACRB).
Related Subject: Section 6 Chapter 7.2 Alternative Care Review Board (ACRB)
- Those persons receiving adoption subsidy or guardianship subsidy are not eligible to use this grievance procedure. Subsidy grievances shall proceed according to the Children’s Services Fair Hearing Process.