11.1.3 Funding Source

The Case Manager/Children’s Service Worker will decide on the funding source or mix of funding sources to be used for meeting the child’s Out-Of-Home Care costs. Possible sources are:

  1. Parent’s contributions and estates;
  2. Temporary Assistance;

    Related Subject:  Section 7 Glossary/Reference for Definitions for Temporary Assistance Non-Parent Caretaker Relative Payee

    NOTE:  Determine funding available to a child placed in the custody and/or care of relatives. Also, determine funding available when a family makes their own plan and the child is determined eligible by Family Support Division (FSD) staff.

    NOTE:  The ES will determine Title IV-E or HDN funding.

  3. Licensed Relatives and Kinship providers can receive Title IV-E or HDN maintenance, infant allowance, and special expenses.

    Related Subject:  Section 4 Chapter 12 Attachment B: Options for Assisting Relatives and Kinships

  4. IV-E or HDN – Adoption Subsidy/Subsidized Guardianship; 

    Related Subject:  Section 4 Chapter 30:  Subsidizing an Adoption/Legal Guardianship

  5. Old Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) and Veteran’s Assistance (VA);
  6. Supplemental Security Income (SSI);
  7. Missouri Medical/Dental Services Program (MM/DSP) including EPSDT 

    Related Subject:  Section 4 Chapter 24  Medical Planning Issues

    NOTE:  This program is also referred to as Title XIX or MO HealthNet. (See Definitions.)

  8. Title XIX-FFP Only;
  9. Other state agencies such as the Department of Mental Health (DMH) or the Missouri Crippled Children’s Services (MCCS) of the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS);

    Related Subject:  Section 4 Chapter 24  Medical Planning Issues

  10. Child Care funds. Only Protective Service Child Care through Children’s Treatment Services funding;
  11. Other special contracted treatment funds managed through Children’s Treatment Services (CTS) designated for a specific treatment program; and

    Related Subject:  CS-67 and CS-67A Code Sheets and the Forms and Instructions for specific Service Codes

  12. Other community or voluntary resources (includes county health programs).

    See specific section addressed below for steps of each funding source.

    NOTE:  The Eligibility Specialist responsible for the case manager county will apply for all outside income for deposit in the KIDS account.

    Related Subject:  Section 4 Chapter 11, Attachment D:  Children Income Disbursement System (KIDS)

    NOTE:  Parental contributions or other resources received by the child (i.e., SSI, OASDI, VA, inheritance) and Title IV-E funding are to be reviewed and utilized first and before HDN funding. The statutory authority to use the above funds to be expended for the child’s care and services can be found in Section 210.560 RSMo. An exception to this policy is the child age 16 or over. In this instance, up to $999.00 can accumulate in the KIDS account to assist the child when released from CD custody.

Chapter Memoranda History: (prior to 1/31/07)

Memoranda History: