Child not reunited with parents or placed in a home, when. — 1. A child taken into the custody of the state shall not be reunited with a parent or placed in a home in which the parent or any person residing in the home has been found guilty of any of the following offenses when a child was the victim:
(1) A felony violation of section 566.030, 566.031, 566.032, 566.060, 566.061, 566.062, 566.064, 566.067, 566.068, 566.069, 566.071, 566.083, 566.100, 566.101, 566.111, 566.151, 566.203, 566.206, 566.209, 566.211, or 566.215;
(2) A violation of section 568.020;
(3) Abuse of a child under section 568.060 when such abuse is sexual in nature;
(4) A violation of section 568.065;
(5) A violation of section 573.200;
(6) A violation of section 573.205; or
(7) A violation of section 568.175;
(8) A violation of section 566.040, 566.070, or 566.090 as such sections existed prior to August 28, 2013; or
(9) A violation of section 566.212, 568.080, or 568.090 as such sections existed prior to January 1, 2017.
2. For all other violations of offenses in chapters 566 and 568 not specifically listed in subsection 1 of this section or for a violation of an offense committed in another state when a child is the victim that would be a violation of chapter 566 or 568, if committed in Missouri, the division may exercise its discretion regarding the placement of a child taken into the custody of the state in which a parent or any person residing in the home has been found guilty of any such offense.
3. In any case where the children’s division determines based on a substantiated report of child abuse that a child has abused another child, the abusing child shall be prohibited from returning to or residing in any residence, facility, or school within one thousand feet of the residence of the abused child or any child care facility or school that the abused child attends, unless and until a court of competent jurisdiction determines that the alleged abuse did not occur or the abused child reaches the age of eighteen, whichever earlier occurs. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply when the abusing child and the abused child are siblings or children living in the same home.
(L. 2004 H.B. 1453, A.L. 2005 H.B. 568 and S.B. 155 and S.B. 420 & 344, A.L. 2005 1st Ex. Sess. H.B. 2, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491, A.L. 2014 H.B. 1371)