- The Family Support Team has determined that family reunification is not likely in the foreseeable future and termination of parental rights is deemed inappropriate;
- Adoption is not an option;
- Current placement provider is able to meet the needs of the child including financial;
- Current placement is stable;
- The child’s caretaker family is willing to pursue guardianship;
- The child, if over 14 years of age, consents;
- The juvenile court having jurisdiction supports guardianship as an option and is willing to terminate its jurisdiction when such is granted; and
- The child’s Family Support Team is supportive of plan for guardianship.
The Division’s legal relationship, as well as services and foster care payments to the child/family, would terminate once guardianship is established, however, support services may continue as needed/desired and available.