24.3.5 Inpatient Psychiatric or Residential Treatment

If a child requires inpatient psychiatric treatment as determined by a mental health practitioner, Children’s Division must provide the consent for admission but will not provide broad consent for the use of psychotropic medication.  Any new medication to be administered will require separate and specific informed consent, to be obtained through the procedures outlined in Sec. 24.3.4.  The case manager should make at least two attempts to contact the parent(s) to discuss the child’s need for inpatient hospitalization or residential treatment.  Recognizing that hospital admissions often occur on an emergency basis, if the parent(s) cannot be reached prior to hospitalization, the case manager is responsible for promptly notifying the parent regarding any admissions and treatment interventions.

Chapter Memoranda History: (prior to 1/31/07)

Memoranda History: