Routine medical/dental care including services available through the Healthy Children and Youth (HCY) Program, also known as Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT):
- Children entering out-of-home care need initial medical examinations, as well as regular medical examinations throughout their out-of-home care placement.
- Resource parents should seek medical providers who are enrolled with MO HealthNet (MH) or MO HealthNet/Managed Care ( MH/MHMC).
- Plan with out-of-home care providers and other appropriate team members to ensure that all children in out-of-home care shall receive education on sexual development, appropriate to their age, life experiences, and living conditions. This information should include information on sexuality and venereal diseases.
- Children in out-of-home care are eligible for MM/DSP (MO HealthNet, Title XIX). As a result, they are also eligible for HCY services.
- When a resource parent receives an invoice for medical or mental health services for a foster placement in their home, the invoice must be submitted to the foster youth’s case manager immediately.