24.4.3 Emergency and Extraordinary Medical/Dental Care (over $500.00)

When children are in CD custody their birth parents still have certain rights. One of these rights is to give permission for extraordinary medical/dental care. Whenever possible, the worker should seek parental permission for these medical/dental services. If this is not possible, the Children’s Services Worker shall seek approval for the medical/dental services from the juvenile court. Then the Children’s Service Worker shall seek approval through their Area Office.

Chapter Memoranda History: (prior to 1/31/07)

Memoranda History: