Upon entry into care, the case manager must either take or obtain a photograph of each child. An updated photo should be taken at least every six (6) months for children six (6) years old or younger and then once a year for older children. An updated photo should also be taken whenever the child’s appearance changes. Staff should obtain a digital photograph whenever possible. Hard copies of the child’s photograph should be placed in the Child Section of their file.
Tips for Child Photographs:
- Photo should be a head-and-shoulders color photo in which the child’s face is clearly seen, similar to a school portrait.
- The background should be plain or solid.
- The child should not be overly posed.
- There should be no other people, animals, or objects in the photo.
- The photograph should be taken indoors or out of direct sunlight.
- Avoid using self-portraits