This placement resource should be considered in the following circumstances:
- Child is part of a sibling group, and needs can best be served by keeping the children together;
- Child is mildly to moderately acting out and can benefit from peer support in a group setting;
- Child can tolerate sharing adult attention with other children;
- Child has been in residential care, and placement with a family will ease the transition to the child’s own home or other permanent placement; and
- Child is pregnant and unmarried and needs to maintain confidentiality or work through related problems with her family.
NOTE: This type of home is not recommended for any child under the age of six unless the child is a member of a sibling group.