Concurrent Permanency Planning uses a mix of family-centered casework and legal strategies designed to:
- Achieve early permanency for children
- Decrease children’s length of stay in alternative care
- Minimize the negative impact of placement on children
- Reduce the number of moves and relationship disruptions children experience in alternative care
- Develop a network of permanency planning resource parents (relatives or non-relatives) who can work towards reunification and also serve as permanency resources for children, and
- Maintain continuity in children’s family and sibling relationships.