- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- MAGI HOUSEHOLDS WITH CARETAKER RELATIVES
- MANUAL REVISION #43
This memorandum is to introduce policy on caretaker relatives. Policy has been revised to include how to process applications with caretaker relatives.
Caretaker relatives reside in the home with the dependent child. As a caretaker relative they assume primary responsibility for the child, regardless if they claim the child as a tax dependent.
When the caretaker relatives and/or non-custodial parent are making application, follow MAGI income determination.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Review Income Guidelines for MHN
- Review Household Composition Flow Chart