Effective November 14, 2016, verified Social Security Numbers (SSNs) in FAMIS and the Common Area are identity verification for Food Stamp applicants. FSD interfaces with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify SSNs to support applicants and staff with more efficient identity verification.
FS000321 Verifying Food Stamp Applicant Identity is available by clicking the hyperlink or via the Course Search in the ELC. This course reviews how to use the FSD Social Security Administration Interface to verify Food Stamp Applicant ID. You will not receive credit for completion of this course until you watch it in its entirety. This course will take no longer than 5 minutes to complete. All STAFF must complete this course by December 9, 2016. This course will be tracked for completion, so please meet this requirement by the specified deadline.
When a SSN is verified on FAMIS or Common Area screens use it to verify Food Stamp applicant identity, including but not limited to:
- Verification Indicator is “V” on the Social Services Social Security Number Inquiry (SSSN) screen
- VER field is “V” on the SOCIAL SERVICES CLIENT NAME INQUIRY (SNME) screen
- Ver field is “SY” for System on the SSNUMBER (FMAS) screen
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff
- Begin using a verified Social Security Number as proof of identity
- Complete training in ELC