- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- USE OF THE MISSOURI DRIVERS LICENSE INQUIRY SYSTEM FOR CITIZENSHIP VERIFICATION FOR THE ADULT MO HEALTHNET PROGRAMS
- MANUAL REVISION #55
0110.020.01 Documents to Verify Citizenship
Section 6036 of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 amended section 1903 of the Social Security Act to require all states to obtain satisfactory documentation of citizenship and identity prior to approving Medicaid benefits, effective July 1, 2006. As Missouri requires proof of U.S. citizenship or legal status prior to issuing a Missouri driver's license, the Missouri Driver's License Inquiry (MODL) system can be used to verify citizenship, identity and name progression for all adult MO HealthNet programs.
NOTE: MODL cannot be used to verify relationship as it does not capture coding details for why a name has been changed.
IM14 (2015) Verification Procedures for Family MO HealthNet Programs and Email Memo 56 (2015) Clarification of Evidence Comments in MEDES provide further instruction for accessing MODL and required FAMIS comments and entries.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Begin using MODL for verifications where appropriate immediately.