- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- CHANGE IN RESOURCE VERIFICATION POLICY OF DIRECT EXPRESS ACCOUNT BALANCES FOR MO HEALTHNET FOR ADULT, BLIND, AND DISABLED CASES
- MANUAL REVISION #56
The purpose of this memorandum is to introduce new resource verification policy to be used for MO HealthNet for Adult, Blind and Disabled applicants/recipients who have a Direct Express (DE) benefit debit card. This card is used for deposit of federal benefits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Retirement (OASDI), Railroad Retirement, or Veteran's Administration benefits.
Effective immediately, staff must accept self-attestation of a DE account balance including for any prior quarter balances when prior quarter eligibility is explored unless questionable or near the maximum resource limit. Exclude the current month's income from the balance attested by the participant.
NOTE: Until new functionality is added to FAMIS, all DE accounts must be entered into FAMIS as a checking account, and verified per collateral contact (CC) verification code. Exclude the current month's income (CI) of a DE account.
Staff must disregard all previous policy and instructions received on the process for handling DE accounts.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Implement the new policy effective immediately.