- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- CITIZENSHIP VERIFICATION FOR MAGI HOUSEHOLDS
- MANUAL REVISION #57
This memorandum is to introduce the addition of MAGI manual section 1805.020.05.05 Documents to Verify Citizenship. Effective January 20, 2017, policy has been revised to reflect the change to 42 CFR §435.407 Types of acceptable documentary evidence of citizenship which now states that a photocopy, facsimile, scanned or other copy of a citizenship document must be accepted just as an original document unless:
- information on the copy is inconsistent with other information available to the agency or,
- the agency otherwise has reason to question the validity of the document.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.