- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- CHANGE IN ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR CITIZENSHIP VERIFICATION IN THE MO HEALTHNET PROGRAMS
- MANUAL REVISION #4
Effective January 20, 2017, with changes enacted at 42 C.F.R. 435.407(f), verification of citizenship no longer has to be an original document to be acceptable. A photocopy, facsimile, scanned or other copy of the documentation must be accepted to the same extent as an original document, unless:
- the copy is inconsistent with other information available or
- the Eligibility Specialist has reason to question the validity of the document.
This change applies to all MO HealthNet programs.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- As of January 20, 2017, accept copies of citizenship documentation unless questionable.