- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- HOMELESS AND ABAWD EXEMPTIONS
- MANUAL REVISION #13
The purpose of this memorandum is to introduce Food Stamp manual revisions regarding homeless and ABAWD exemptions.
Homelessness is removed from policy as an exemption for ABAWD. If an individual claims to be homeless, this is an indicator that they could meet an exemption from the work/training requirement for ABAWD.
- Do not automatically give clients who are homeless the code 15 exemption if they can work, job search or attend training.
- If they claim they cannot work, job search or attend training, enter code 15 on the EMPLOY screen if no other exemption applies.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.