- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- ADDITIONAL FAMIS MO HEALTHNET FOR THE AGED, BLIND, AND DISABLED (MHABD) NOTICES TO AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES
The purpose of this memorandum is to announce that FAMIS will begin mailing additional MHABD notices to the authorized representative (AR), as well as the participant. This is the second in a series of enhancements to FAMIS to provide current information to the AR as well as the participant.
Memorandum #77 dated November 14, 2016 introduced the first notices to be automatically sent to the MHABD AR.
Effective March 27, 2017 FAMIS will begin sending a copy of the following notices to the authorized representative for participants who are a single person MHABD household. Each notice will have a cover sheet which advises the AR why s/he is receiving the notice and reminding him or her of confidentiality.
- Spend Down Medical Assistance Brochure (FAIM4)
- Adult MO HealthNet Benefit Notice (FA460)
FAMIS will send a copy of batch notices only. A batch notice is created and mailed by FAMIS. Notices that are manually printed and provided to the participant are online notices and are not sent by FAMIS to the AR.
Document Queue (FMVM, DOCQUE) and Document History (FMVR, DOCHST) include an indicator that the document is either online (O) or batch (B). Only those coded B will be sent to the AR. DOCQUE and DOCHST have been revised to include an indicator to show if the AR was sent a copy. The indicator is located at the far right of the screen. Y indicates the notice was sent to the AR and the participant.
If multiple ARs are listed in FAMIS, only one AR will receive the duplicate notices. FAMIS will check for each type of representative based on a hierarchy list. When the first AR type is found, that person/entity will receive the duplicate notice. If multiple ARs of the same type are found, the AR with the newest begin date will be sent the notice. If two ARs, of the same type, are entered with the same begin date, the last one entered will receive the notice. This hierarchy list is:
- Legal guardian (LGN)
- Conservator (CON)
- Department of Mental Health (DMH)
- Outside agency (OA)
- Authorized representative (ARP)
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Stop manually mailing the FA460 and FAIM4 to the authorized representative for single person MHABD households.
- Continue manually mailing other forms and notices to the authorized representative.