The purpose of this memorandum is to clarify and update information regarding reasonable compatibility.
A new version of the Reasonable Compatibility Calculator (Appendix B) is posted on the intranet in the Family Healthcare Manual - MAGI policy manual. This Reasonable Compatibility Calculator replaces all previously used calculators.
Manual revisions include:
- The purpose of Reasonable Compatibility is to help determine if further income clarification is required. Reasonable Compatibility does not determine eligibility.
- Use the self-attested income amount to calculate the 10% allowance for Reasonable Compatibility.
- Paystubs are considered the individual’s self-attestation and verification of income. When paystubs are provided RC does not have to be completed unless questionable. Paystub information trumps electronic data source information.
- The manual calculation for Reasonable Compatibility is: the self-attested income amount minus the electronic data source income amount, divided by the self-attested amount. Examples have been included in policy.
- Reasonable Compatibility should be completed at any applicable Change of Circumstance (CIC) where the change affects the income or budget.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Immediately begin using the posted Reasonable Compatibility Calculator.