Effective July 1, 2017, the Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA) and Shelter Standard for Vendor cases are increased. FAMIS adjusts all Vendor cases on June 10, 2017.
This memorandum discusses the following:
- NEW MMMNA AND SHELTER STANDARD
- CASES ADJUSTED DURING MASS ADJUSTMENT
- MANUAL UPDATES
- FAIR HEARING REQUEST
NEW MMMNA AND SHELTER STANDARD
Allotments for community spouses, minor children, and eligible dependents and the Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA) and Shelter Standard are revised for actions effective the month of July 2017 and later. The revised guidelines effective July 2017 are:
CASES ADJUSTED DURING MASS ADJUSTMENT
FAMIS uses the current standards for the allotment and surplus determinations completed prior to the mass adjustment.
If a case contains a community spouse, minor or eligible dependent, FAMIS determines the proposed new allotment amount using the revised standards. The new allotment for a community spouse, minor or eligible dependent displays on the Allotment Information (ALLOT, FMJ6) screen in FAMIS. The new allotment for a minor not living with the community spouse displays on the Minor Living Outside Allotment Information (MINOR, FMJ2) screen.
To access the Adult MO HealthNet Vendor Budget Screen:
- Go to the EU Action Log (EULOG/FM40) screen;
- Select a Budget Month;
- Enter F17=INQAUTH;
- Select F16=MHABD;
- Select Coverage Type VEND and press F16=AGBUDSUM
After the adjustment, FAMIS determines allotments and surpluses for July 2017 and later using the new standards.
Cases resulting in no change from the mass adjustment do not receive an action notice. The following notices are sent depending upon the action:
- Adult MO HealthNet Benefit Action Notice (FA460) is sent for cases that result in an increase in benefits from the mass adjustment.
- Adult MO HealthNet Adverse Action Notice (FA420) is sent for cases that result in a decrease in benefits due to the adjustment.
- Adult MO HealthNet Benefit Notice (FA460) is sent once the adverse action notice expires.
- Adult MO HealthNet provider Notice (FA-465) is sent to the facility for cases that result in any change in benefits.
The following sections of the Medical Assistance for the Aged, Blind and Disabled, Vendor Eligibility have been updated to include this change:
- 0815.030.10.10.10 Determining the Allotment of the Community Spouse,
- 0815.030.10.10.20 Allotments for Minors and Dependants living with the Community Spouse, and
- Vendor Eligibility APPENDIX B
FAIR HEARING REQUEST
If the EU requests a fair hearing, send the request to the Hearings Unit the same day.
Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.