- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- HB 1565 ASSET LIMIT INCREASE FOR THE MO HEALTHNET AGED, BLIND AND DISABLED PROGRAMS
- MANUAL REVISION #47
As a result of the implementation of HB1565 (2016), the following policies have been updated effective July 1, 2017:
- Asset limits for the MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) program have increased and may increase annually.
- FAMIS is programmed with the fiscal year 2018 amounts of $2000 for an individual and $4000 for a couple. These new limits will take effect July 1, 2017.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Independent Living Accounts (ILA) are excludable for the Adult MO HealthNet programs as of July 1, 2017.
- The Eligibility Specialist (ES) must determine whether or not an account is eligible for exclusion and the excludable amount. See the manual for further information.
- For any eligibility unit (EU) containing an ADM subtype, on the HSA or ILA Liquid Resource entry, FAMIS will require:
- An entry in the Excluded Amount field of $0.01 or greater, AND
- An entry in the MHABD Exclusion Reason (Excl Rsn) field of HB (excluded under HB-1565).
- Due to FAMIS constraints, if none of the account is eligible for exclusion for any eligibility unit (EU) containing the ADM subtype, the ES must add one cent ($0.01) to the total resource value and enter $0.01 in the Excluded Amount field. When this happens, the ES must make a thorough comment as to why the entry was made.
- For any dates prior to July 1, 2017 (such as prior quarter or pending applications), since the accounts are not exempt, the ES must enter the $0.01 excluded amount as outlined above. ES must ensure that entries are made so that the resources are not improperly excluded for dates prior to July 1, 2017.
- FAMIS will not require an entry in the MHABD Excl Rsn field for any supercase (SCN) that does not have an ADM EU.
NOTE: If a non-ADM case has an HSA and/or an ILA and the participant later applies for ADM, FAMIS will not require entry of an exclusion reason. The ES must monitor resources and take appropriate actions when adding an ADM case to an existing SCN.
- These changes do not apply to any of the Adult cash programs.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Review FAMIS suggested authorizations to ensure appropriate resource consideration before authorizing actions.