- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- REQUESTING TAX FILING STATUS AND RELATIONSHIPS
- MANUAL REVISION #53
This memorandum provides updates made to MAGI Policy Manual, 1805.030.10 MAGI Household Composition.
The update includes using tax filing and non-tax filer rules to determine each individual’s household composition and how and when to request clarification when the tax filing status is questionable or unknown.
Self-attestation is acceptable for tax filing status. It is appropriate to send an IM-31A to request clarification on the tax filing status when:
- The tax filing status is questionable, or
- FSD does not know the tax filing status.
If the individual fails to provide the request for clarification, the application should be rejected for failure to cooperate.
Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.