- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- EBT CARD REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
This memorandum explains the new process for re-issuing an EBT card when a customer requests a replacement card at the local office or through the Call Center. Effective July 31, 2017, all replacement card requests will be processed by specialized Central Office Program and Policy. Central Office will be the only staff with clearance to replace the card. Field staff will still use ebtEDGE/EBTU to answer customer inquiries about their benefit balance, card mailed date and case information.
- NOTE: Field staff are still responsible for updating and changing the address in FAMIS.
Use the following process to request an EBT Card be issued:
- From the FSD Home Page for Processing Centers and Resource Centers:
Click on then on FSD Work Site (Microsoft SharePoint)
From the top Menu Bar select the link under “Systems”.
- The Call Center Staff will access the work site information as follows:
- The following user guide has been developed to assist staff in filling out the information needed to request a replacement EBT card and to search the site for previous request, that were submitted within the last 10 days.
Begin using this new process on July 31, 2017. Staff who try to replace a card through ebtEDGE/EBTU on or after this date will get an error message and a card will not be issued until a replacement request is submitted.
Customers who are requesting a new card and do not have an address change may still request a new card by calling ebtEDGE Customer Service at 800-997- 7777. There is no change to this process.
- Review immediately with appropriate staff.
Immediately begin following the new process for requesting a replacement EBT card.