- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
- PROCESS FOR HANDLING THE EBT DROP-SHIP MANIFEST FORM AND CARDS NOT PICKED UP WITHIN 30 DAYS AT RESOURCE CENTERS
MANUAL REVISION #74
The purpose of this memorandum is to clarify how to handle manifest forms and receipts that are used to track EBT cards and PINs when they are drop shipped to the local office. In addition, the memorandum introduces new procedure on the handling of EBT cards and PINs in local offices. The EBT Manual has been updated to reflect this change.
When the drop shipment arrives, verify that the number of cards in the envelope matches the number of cards listed on the FIS Vault Cards (Bulk Ship) Manifest (Page 1 of 3). This page lists the individual card numbers included in the shipment. Sign and date the Manifest form and scan it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Manifest forms should be processed upon receipt of the shipment. It should not be held until the cardholders have picked up their cards. The purpose of the Manifest form is only to verify that the local offices have received the correct number of drop-shipped cards.
EBT Cards and PINs Not Picked Up
After 30 days, if a card has not been picked up, the card must immediately be sent to Central Office via mail to FSD Family Support Division, Attn: SNAP/EBT Unit, P.O. Box 310, Jefferson City, MO 65102. The PIN should also be mailed in a separate mailing to the same address above. Central Office will be tracking and destroying these cards and PINs.
In some circumstances, the county office address is used for the EU mailing address in FAMIS. If the mailing indicator in EBTU is not coded as county office mailing for drop shipment, and the mailing address is the county office address, the EBT card and PIN are mailed to the county office without a manifest. These cards and PINs must be treated in the same manner as drop shipped cards and PINs, and are sent to Central Office to be destroyed if not picked up after 30 days. This process includes any EBT cards that are issued or the Disaster Food Assistance Program (D-SNAP).
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Confirm that the correct Manifest site, email@example.com , is being used.
- Upon receipt of the drop shipment, verify the card count, sign, date, and scan the FIS Vault Cards (Bulk Ship) Manifest form (Page 1 of 3) to the Manifest site.
- Do not hold the form until the cardholder picks up the card.
- Do not scan other documents to the Manifest site.
- Immediately begin sending EBT cards and PINs to Central Office that have not been picked up after 30 days.