- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- ELDERLY AND DISABLED WAIVER-UPDATES TO FOOD STAMP INTERVIEW (FM1B) SCREEN
- MANUAL REVISION #94
1130.015.15 Processing Recertifications
The purpose of this memo is to remind staff to continue to waive interviews of Food Stamp applicants for recertification if:
- All household members are either elderly or disabled, and
- There is no earned income, and
- The household reports no change in circumstances
Staff must review the newly created Recertification Interview Decision Chart to ensure all Eligibility Unit members are elderly or disabled and no changes in circumstances are reported before a decision is made to waive the interview. The Food Stamp Recertification Interview Decision Chart is located under the Help Sheets on Training’s Guides and Help sheets page.
NOTE: FAMIS will not give an alert or reminder to status of elderly or disabled.
Changes to the Food Stamp Interview (FM1B) screen have been updated with the following to assist with this process:
- When entering N to; Do you need to schedule an interview?
- Type of Interview will auto populate; WAI Waiver for Elderly/Disabled
- If application is an initial application and N is entered to; Do you need to schedule an interview? An error message will populate "This is an Initial Application, Interview Required"
- Once application has been processed through the flow
- Update the "Date Interview Completed" field with the current date
- Update the "Type of Interview Completed" with WAI
- Update the "Interv Completed Method" field with the appropriate code
The manual has been updated to reflect these changes.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.