- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- MAGI ANNUAL RENEWAL POLICY
- MANUAL REVISION #95
This memorandum introduces the Annual Renewal section of the MAGI Policy Manual.
The Annual Renewal section provides policy regarding:
- Annual Renewal (general overview)
- Annual Renewals are to be completed once every 12 months.
- Pre-populated Renewal Form
- Used when an ex-parte Annual Renewal cannot be completed and information is required from the individual to complete the renewal.
- Floating Renewals
- A renewal can occur anytime during the certification period when a Change in Circumstances (CiC) is reported that may change the Level of Care (LOC), even when the CIC results no LOC change. The renewal is completed and the recertification period is reset if there is enough information available to the agency to complete the renewal.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Annual Renewals
- Annual renewals for CHIP must meet eligibility factors for CHIP including not having access to employer sponsored or affordable private insurance.
- Reconsideration Period
- When the Annual Renewal form is received within 30 days of the case closing, and all information is present, the renewal can be completed. The case can be reopened without a lapse in coverage.
- When the Annual Renewal form is received within 90 days of the case closing, the Annual Renewal form can be used in place of an Application.
- Annual Renewal Case Action Notices
- Outlines what notices should be sent and when for Annual Renewal purposes.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.