- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- REASONABLE OPPORTUNITY PERIOD WITH AN EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
- MANUAL REVISION #104
Section 1805.000.05 Reasonable Opportunity (RO) of the Family MO HealthNet (MAGI) manual has been updated. New clarifications include:
- If an individual has provided verification of an application for a Social Security Number (SSN), they may receive the 90-day RO period. An individual may also receive the RO period if the application for SSN is for employment authorization purposes only.
REMINDER: The individual must have attested to being a citizen or having a qualified immigration status to qualify for the RO period based on SSN.
- Staff should submit Requests for Interpretation of Policy (IM-14) through proper supervisory channels rather than to FSD.IM14@dss.mo.gov.
NOTE: Instructions for IM-14 submissions are located in the MEDES Resources.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.