- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- INCREASE IN RESOURCE LIMITS FOR QUALIFIED MEDICARE BENEFICIARY (QMB), SPECIFIED LOW INCOME MEDICARE BENEFICIARY (SLMB), AND QUALIFYING INDIVIDUALS (QI-1 OR SLMB2) PROGRAMS
MANUAL REVISION: #116
Effective January 1, 2018 the QMB, SLMB, and SLMB2 resource limits increased. For a single individual, the resource limit increased from $7,390 to $7,560. For a married couple, the resource limit increased from $11,090 to $11,340. Resource maximums have been updated in the Family Assistance Management Information System (FAMIS). There is no change in policy regarding how to determine available resources.
The following have been updated to reflect the increased resource limits:
- Eligibility Requirements 0865.010.00
- Resources (QMB) 0865.010.15
- The MO HealthNet Program Description Aged, Blind, and Disabled Chart
- MO HealthNet Aged, Blind and Disabled Income Chart
- Medicare Cost Savings Program Internet page
The Medicare Cost Savings Program Internet page has been updated to reflect the income limit based on Federal Poverty Level percentage plus the Standard $20 deduction from income. This change was made in an effort to be consistent with posting standards set on the official Medicare website, Medicare.gov.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.