- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- MAGI ALLOWABLE DEDUCTIONS CLARIFICATION
MANUAL REVISION: #117
This memorandum provides updates and clarification to the MAGI MO HealthNet Policy manual regarding allowable deductions.
Policy has been updated to remove the requirement to provide verification of allowable deductions. Reasonable Compatibility (RC) should be applied. If the income and deductions are not RC, additional verification should be requested. Do not deny or close a case for failure to provide verification of allowable deductions. An eligibility determination should be made without allowing the deductions.
Policy has been expanded to include further information on:
- Individuals who are eligible to receive a qualified student loan interest deduction
- The requirements a loan must meet to be a qualified student loan interest deduction
- Explanation of qualified higher education expenses.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.