- ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- MISSOURI WORK ASSITANCE WORK RELATED EXPENSE (WRE)
MANUAL REVISION #03
The purpose of this memorandum is to notify FSD staff of the change in 0280.10.00 Work Related Expense (WRE) for the Missouri Work Assistance Program (MWA). These changes took effect in 2016; an email memo was released but policy was not updated at that time. Policy has now been updated. This change increased the amount of WRE expenses allowable to MWA. WRE payments assist Temporary Assistance (TA) recipients by purchasing job-related items so the recipient can participate in employment and training activities.
- The maximum amount of WRE that can be approved by a MWA Case Manager increased from $350 to $750 in a 12-month rolling period.
- If the participant needs over $750 up to $1,500 this must be approved by a MWA Supervisor.
- All previous requirements outlined in policy still apply.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.