To qualify for MO HealthNet based on the need for Breast or Cervical Cancer Treatment (BCCT), the following eligibility criteria must be met:
- Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) Show Me Healthy Women (SMHW) screening that results in a diagnosis of breast and/or cervical cancer, AND
- Need for treatment for breast or cervical cancer,
- Female under age 65,
- Uninsured (or have health coverage that does not cover breast or cervical cancer treatment),
- Citizenship/alien status,
- Social Security Number, and
There are no income or resource limits for the BCCT program.
NOTE: To be eligible for a SMHW screening paid for by the SMHW program a woman must have income below 200% of the federal poverty level. It is the SMHW provider’s responsibility to determine eligibility for the screening. The income limit is only for the screening, not for BCCT MO HealthNet eligibility. If a woman received a SMHW screening, she is eligible for BCCT MO HealthNet (if eligible on all other factors). FSD does not evaluate income at the time of the screening or as changes occur.