A State Supervising Ophthalmologist is employed by the Family Support Division. The principal duties are:
- reviewing the appropriate forms to establish the claimant’s visual eligibility;
- participating in the development of forms and procedures;
- selecting approved examiners;
- through the state office, advising on individual case situations relating to medical services for the visually handicapped;
- reviewing cases appealed on the basis of vision;
- reviewing and approving examination reports under the Blind Pension and Prevention of Blindness programs.