CS94-50 September 30, 1994
If a claimant enters an eligible living arrangement and makes application for MACC, the worker will:
- Complete an IM-1 in the child’s name. Have the parent/legal guardian or DYS/DMH/Juvenile court staff person sign an MACC application for “K” type of assistance.
- Complete an application/eligibility statement form, based upon the MAF criteria.
- Determine applicable eligibility factors, i.e. Living Arrangements, Residence, SSN, Age, and Relationship.
- Complete a budget (IM-30 or IBCA) for determining initial eligibility on need.
- Obtain and file a copy of the guardianship/legal custody order, if applicable.
- Obtain documentation of financial support by DMH/DYS/Juvenile Court.
- Record the information and verification in the case record.
- Determine prior quarter coverage, if applicable.
- Complete the IMU5 entries:
- The K Type of Assistance MACC number;
- The name of the child;
- The facility/foster home name and address or address of parent as appropriate;
- The reason for opening code 58 – Eligible living arrangement for MACC;
- The custodial agency/living arrangement codes (field 39), enter J for Juvenile Court, M for DMH, or Y for DYS;
- A “T” level of care code for the children with MAF based need, a “Q” level of care for the children with poverty level based need, or a “M” level of care for children placed by the Juvenile Court whose income exceeds the limit for “Q”; and
- Information from the budget.
- Send the approval or rejection notification to the parent, guardian, and/or agency with legal custody (whoever made application). Hearing procedures will be followed, if necessary.