At recertification, verify:
- income, if the source has changed or the amount has changed by more than $50;
- previously unreported medical expenses totaling more than $35, and previously reported medical expenses that changed by more than $25; if change in medical expenses under $170 are reported and the medical expense standard of $170 is already allowed, no additional verification is needed.
- any changes in the legal obligation to pay child support, the obligated amount, and the amount of legally obligated child support paid to a non-household member;
- newly obtained social security numbers;
- work hours of individuals subject to the able-bodied adult without dependents (ABAWDs) work requirement who are meeting that requirement by working, combining work and participation in Adult Education & Literacy (AEL), or by participating in AEL; and
- any information that is questionable
Unchanged information shall not be verified unless the information is incomplete, inaccurate, inconsistent, or outdated. Verification is recorded on the appropriate detail screens in the eligibility system.
If verification is required to determine eligibility or continued eligibility, but is not provided, leave the verification code blank. The eligibility system creates outstanding verification. Print the Request for Information Form notifying the household what information is needed to determine eligibility. If the household’s language proficiency is Spanish, mark the needed verification on the IM-31A (Spanish) and give to the household. File a copy of the form in the participant’s case file.
NOTE: The Request for Information form may be edited and text added by following the steps in the Editing FAMIS Documents guide.