Gross income that is not excluded must be verified for all households prior to certification.
Acceptable documentary verification includes, but are not limited to the following:
- check stubs to verify earned and unearned income,
- Employment Information Request (FA-311 or IM-12),
- New Employee Information Request (IM-12A).
- The Work Number,
- statement from employer,
- federal tax return,
- business records or statements from customers,
- interface screen (FMK0) to verify child support and IM grants,
- IMES to verify unemployment compensation, or
- Third Party Query system to verify Social Security and SSI.
- Written statement from applicant/participant.
When all attempts to verify the income have failed because the person or organization providing the income failed to cooperate with the household and the worker, and all other sources of verification are unavailable, arrive at an amount to be used based on the best available information. Record all attempts that were taken to verify the income when using written statement of client as best available information. Refer to Anticipating Income.
NOTE: File all hard copy documentary verification of gross income in the case record.
Record any comments regarding the income source, reason ended or anything else regarding a particular income source that requires further explanation.
Record any comments regarding the income amount, verification, or any other information needed to explain irregular amounts, disregarded checks, and type of documentary evidence received.