A sponsor is an individual who:
- is a citizen or national of the United States or an immigrant who is lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence;
- is 18 years of age or over;
- is domiciled in any of the 50 states or the District of Columbia;
- is the person petitioning for the admission of the immigrant under section 204 of the Immigration and Nationality Act; and
- executes an affidavit(s) of support or similar agreement on behalf of an immigrant as a condition of the immigrant’s entry or admission into the United States as a permanent resident.