When it is discovered following the Food Stamp certification that a voluntary job quit occurred while the application was pending, apply a sanction as if the case had been a participating EU at the time of the job quit. See section 1105.025.60 Applying Voluntary Quit Decision.
Do not do a claim.
Complete the following actions:
- Select the income for the terminated employment from the Select Income (SELINC/FMX2) screen. Press enter. The Income (FMX0) screen appears.
- Enter the end date, report date, and VQ reason. The message “Press F16 to record details of the job quit” appears. Press F16=DETAILS.
- The Job Quit Detail (FMMN) screen appears. Enter the job quit date and yes for the EU member who quit his/her job. Press enter.
- Press F13=SANDISQ to go to the Sanction/Disqualification (FMAM) screen. Add the sanction following instructions outlined in the Entering a Sanction or Disqualification user guide.
- Complete an eligibility determination (EDRES) and authorize the action
- An Adverse Action (FA-510) notice is created to remove the sanctioned individual.
The penalty period begins with the first month after the FA-510 expires. Refer to the Notices section.
NOTE: The EU’s benefits may increase when the sanctioned individual and their income is removed.
If a voluntary job quit occurs or is determined in the last month of a certification period, apply the appropriate penalty period beginning the day after the certification period ends.