Determine whether to act on changes based on the following:
- Income of the striker changes during the strike:
- Do not change the income of the striker, unless striker benefits are greater than pre-strike earnings.
- The household does not receive an increased allotment when the striker’s income is reduced because of the strike.
- Record comments that the striker’s income decreased in the eligibility system.
- If striker benefits are greater than pre-strike earnings, update the income and authorize the action to reduce benefits.
- Other changes reported or known to the agency, such as a change in household size or in income from a non-striking member’s employment:
- Adjust the household’s benefits using normal procedures.
- Enter the change on the appropriate screens in the eligibility system.
- Complete an eligibility determination.
- Authorize the action.
Staff should record a comment or note in the eligibility system regarding all changes reported by the household or known to the agency, i.e. local news report regarding the strike.