Determine whether to act on changes based on the following:
- Income of the striker changes during the strike:
- Do not change the income of the striker on the Income Amount (FMX3) or Income (FMX0) screen, unless striker benefits are greater than pre-strike earnings.
- The EU does not receive an increased allotment when the striker’s income is reduced because of the strike.
- Record comments that the striker EU member’s income decreased on the Eligibility Unit Member Role (EUMEMROL) screen.
- If striker benefits are greater than pre-strike earnings, update the Income Amount (FMX3) and Income (FMX0) screen and authorize the action to reduce benefits.
- Other changes are reported or known to the agency, such as a change in EU size or in income from a non-striking member’s employment:
- Adjust EU benefits using normal procedures.
- Enter the change on the appropriate screen/s in FAMIS.
- Complete an eligibility determination (EDRES/FM3Y).
- Authorize the action.
EXAMPLE: Mr. Smith is on strike. Mrs. Smith is not on strike. On 08/15, Mr. Smith reported that Mrs. Smith was fired from her employment on 08/09. It is verified Mrs. Smith will only receive one check in August for $125. The income information for Mrs. Smith is entered on the Income Amount (FMX3) screen for August showing the $125 income. Mrs. Smith’s income is end dated for September. Comments are recorded on the appropriate FAMIS screens (refer to the FAMIS Comments Quick Reference Chart). Mr. Smith’s income remains at the pre-strike level of $900 per month. An eligibility determination (EDRES/FM3Y) is completed and the action authorized to increase benefits.