Assign the initial certification period up to 12 months or 24 months.
In cases jointly processed in which SSI determination results in denial, and the caseworker believes that food stamp eligibility or benefit levels may be affected, notify the household of expiration of food stamp benefits and include: the date the certification period ends (the end of the month following the month the notice is sent),
- reapplication must be made if the household wishes to continue to participate,
- the household’s certification is expiring because of changes in circumstances that may affect food stamp eligibility or benefit levels,
- the household’s right to file an application by mail,
- the household’s right to file an application through an authorized representative, and
- the household’s right to an out-of-office or telephone interview.