When residents applying through the facility’s authorized representative leave the facility, the facility:
- returns the EBT card to the resident if it was held for safekeeping;
- ensures the group living arrangement no longer acts as authorized representative by contacting the county FSD office;
- provides the resident with a change report form and advises the resident to report to the county office within 10 days;
- returns to the county office any EBT card that is received by the group living arrangement after the resident leaves; and
- contacts the county FSD office to have a card canceled when the resident leaves an active card at the center.
A resident or a group of residents applying on their own behalf and retaining food stamp benefits are entitled to keep the benefits when they leave the facility.