Upon receiving a complaint from the participant or their representative, staff must:
- Review the complaint promptly and:
- If the staff can resolve the complaint, they should do so and make a comment in the eligibility system as to the issue and action taken, and discuss the complaint with their immediate supervisor.
- If staff are unable to resolve the issue, advise the participant that the complaint will be reviewed by the supervisor
- Schedule a time for staff to contact the participant for follow-up.
- Forward this information to their immediate supervisor,
- Understand that the participant has the opportunity to discuss their complaint with staff at any time.
The immediate supervisor will:
- Review comments in the eligibility system regarding the complaint issues.
- Prepare for and schedule a conference with the staff member.
Staff and the supervisor must jointly decide upon the action to be taken.
Staff will complete any necessary follow-up action, i.e.:
- Notify the participant of findings;
- Record a complete, clear, and concise comment in the eligibility system of action(s) taken and resolution(s) reached; and
- Submit the completed actions to the immediate supervisor, for sign-off.