The FSD must receive the EU’s request to appeal an action, decision or current level of benefits:
- Within ninety (90) calendar days from the date of the FSD action notice;
- Any time within a Food Stamp certification period if an EU disagrees with their current amount of benefits; or
- Within 90 days of the date of the denial of restored Food Stamp benefits and the benefits were lost less than a year before the date of the request for restoration.
NOTE: An EU may request a fair hearing any time the EU disagrees with a decision, action or failure to act by the FSD, or the amount of benefits.
- FSD staff must accept all hearing requests, and complete the Application for State Hearing (IM-87) forms.
- The Administrative Hearings Unit (AHU) may reject or dismiss an appeal received outside the 90-day limit.