The AHU schedules a hearing upon receipt of the Application for State Hearing (IM-87). At least 10 days prior to the hearing, the AHU sends the EU and any representative a Notice of Scheduled Hearing to allow the EU time to prepare for the hearing.
The notice includes:
- The name of the EU’s head of household,
- The case number,
- The hearing number,
- The exact date, time and place of the hearing,
- A statement that the hearings officer will dismiss the request if the EU or any representative fails to appear without good cause,
- A statement describing the hearing procedures and other information explaining the hearing process to help the EU make a better case,
- The name, address, and phone number to notify if the EU can’t attend, and
- A statement that the EU and any representative may examine the case record prior to the hearing.