- Request In Person: Allow the claimant to apply.
- Request By Mail or By Telephone: If a request for application is received by mail or telephone, record the name and address of the person and the date of request, and the claimant’s name and address.
NOTE: The application is not complete until the application form is signed by the claimant or authorized representative, and received by the Family Support Division (FSD). . Refer to 0105.010.00 SIGNING THE APPLICATION
For MO HealthNet and Adult Cash Assistance programs, mail an application to the claimant no later than the next working day unless the request is for a home visit. Inform the applicant that they may return the application by mail. For the aged, blind and disabled programs, mail the IM-1MA.
- Request for Application in the Home: If a request is received and the person is unable to file an application electronically, by mail, or in person , make arrangements for a home visit. The home visit should be completed within one week, if possible. The application date is the day the request is made.
- Request Received Through Third Party: When a request for assistance is made through a third party (i.e., relative, hospital, agency):
- If the applicant is aware of the request, follow the request by mail or telephone procedures.
- If the prospective applicant is not aware of the request, ask the referring person for the address and telephone number of the prospective applicant, and follow the request by mail or telephone procedures.
- For Adult Medicaid and cash programs , mail the prospective applicant an application.