Upon receiving a complaint from a person other than the participant or their representative, staff must:
- Review the complaint promptly
- Advise the reporter that:
- Their name and complaint will be recorded in the case record
- They may request that their name be withheld. However, the nature of the complaint will be recorded in the case record
- The participant has access to their record and may see the reporters’ name and the fact that a complaint was made
- They may be asked to appear at a fair hearing should any adverse action be taken against the participant’s case as a result of their complaint.
- Record information regarding receipt of complaint, nature of the complaint and all steps taken to resolve problem area(s) (this includes a supervisory conference and decision(s) reached). Staff will make a complete, clear, and concise comment in the eligibility system.
Note: Staff must use logical judgment when evaluating the validity of the complaint and in deciding what information is recorded in the case record (i.e. a complaint about the participant’s personal or moral habits which do not affect eligibility).