If the claimant is not satisfied with the resolution of their issue, and/or they wish to file a written report of their complaint, provide them with the Customer Service Form (FSD-4).
Receiving Customer Submissions
- The FSD-4 Customer Service Form provides Family Support Division (FSD) customers with a consistent process to submit a comment, complaint, or compliment and receive administrative resolution and/or response.
NOTE: Customers may use the FSD-4 Customer Service Form to submit a comment, complaint, or compliment for any Family Support Division service.
FSD will address complaints and attempt to resolve concerns regarding customer service and benefit case actions.
- FSD field offices will provide the FSD-4 Customer Service Form to all customers requesting to make a written statement. The form is also available on the agency website: http://dssweb/fsd/policyprocedure/formsmanual/pdf/fsd-4-customer-service.exe.
- If a customer wishes to submit a complaint or make a written statement or comment, staff will advise the customer of the availability of the FSD-4 Customer Service Form on the internet, and promptly provide or mail a copy of the form to the customer, if requested.
Responding to a Submission
- As directed on the form, customers will submit the FSD-4 Customer Service Form to the FSD Customer Relations Unit. If a FSD office directly receives an FSD-4 Customer Service Form, the office will scan and email by the next business day to: email@example.com and shred original after confirmation that scan was received.
- Receipt of the FSD-4 Customer Service Form will be documented and distributed to the appropriate person for review.
- Upon receiving the FSD-4 Customer Service Form, the Customer Relations Unit will:
- For complaints:
- Compile documentation relating to the complaint;
- Investigate and research the complaint;
- Complete a summary of his/her findings; and
- Provide an appropriate response to the customer.
- For comments and compliments:
- Investigate and/or review the submission;
- Take appropriate action, if necessary; and
- Provide an appropriate response to the customer
- Employee compliments will be forwarded to the employee and their immediate Supervisor. The Supervisor will document the compliment on the employee’s performance log.
- Track and maintain documentation on all FSD-4 Customer Service Form submissions. Tracking will allow FSD managers to identify customer service trends.
- Identified customer service trends may require the development of a plan for improvement. Development of these plans will be assigned, reviewed, and approved by the Director’s Designated Principal Assistant, Deputy Director or his/her designee.
- For complaints: