Record the appropriate reason for delay when IM applications become delinquent. Choose from the following reasons:
- Agency Delay: due to an agency delay.
- Medical Delay: due to delays in receiving medical information from doctors, hospitals, etc. or a delay beyond the agency’s control in scheduling a doctor’s appointment for the claimant. Also when MRT requests additional medical information.
- Client Delay: due to a delay that is STRICTLY the fault of the claimant. The application cannot be considered client delay on the basis of the applicant’s failure to supply requested information unless prior notification was given to the applicant in writing.
- Level of Care Delay: when the level of care decision, Initial Assessment – Social History or Medical Summary, NF cash, or NF vendor cases is not received from Central Office Medical Review Unit (COMRU) in a timely manner. Exception: This does not apply to Temporary Assistance.
- Hearing or Court Decision Delay: when an administrative hearing or court decision orders that an application be registered back to the original date of application.