Need determination is based on a projection of gross monthly income the assistance group is expected to receive from the date of application or reinvestigation forward. If income is received other than monthly, convert it to a monthly amount.
To arrive at a monthly amount:
- Projected weekly income – Multiply by 4.333.
- Projected biweekly income (received every two weeks) – Multiply by 2.166.
- Projected semimonthly income (received twice a month) – Multiply by 2.
- Projected quarterly income – Divide by 3.
- Projected semiannual income – Divide by 6.
- Projected annual income – Divide by 12.
- Income that starts or stops while the application is pending – Use actual income for the month the income starts, and project for future months.
- Entire pay period is missed but employment situation remains the same – Use actual income for the month in which the pay period is missed. Project for future months.
Verification and recording must clearly show how the projected income was determined.